Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hello!

I decided to try something new and give blogging a try. I don't know if anyone will actually read this or if anyone will care, but I decided to give it a try anyway. I often have so many thoughts rolling around in my head on a daily basis and I thought that I should share my quirky thoughts with the world. So here goes... my first official blog. I want to start by saying that the things I say aren't meant to offend anyone and I truly believe that everyone has the right to their own opinion. That being said I know that I my self tend to have strong opinions. I would consider myself a feminist and in saying that I think it is necessary to define exactly what a feminist is for those who don't truly understand. The dictionary defines feminism as the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes or an organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests. I don't think that this definition is a good one. Feminism, I believe, is the belief that all those being oppressed have the right to equality. Oppressed being any who are the minority; so women, gays, those of color, and so on. Being a feminist I believe that we all have the right to equal freedoms and rights; I think women should be equal to men, homosexuals and other LGBT individuals should be equal to heterosexuals, those of color equal to those seen as the dominate race. So, that aside, I want to present you with my other views... I am a christian to be more specific my domination is Trinity Lutheran of the Missouri Synod, that being said I am open and accepting of all other religions. I believe that all faiths have a higher power and that higher power whatever we wish to call it is all the same, most basic ancient and medieval philosophy speaks of a higher power and I believe that this is what all religions are based upon. That being said I don't exactly follow my own religion to a T, I tend to have my own beliefs about the way in which the bible should be interpreted. I also believe strongly in science and I think that science and religion all though often at odds can be interpreted together and that it isn't necessary to pick a side. I try to stay away from politics but if you ask me I am sure to tell you what I think and how I feel about government and all other political things. I am by nature a pessimist, I however like to think of myself as a realist. I tend to look at things for what they really are, and I tend to look for the truth in people. On the other side of that I am trying very hard to be more of an optimist and look for the good in people. Nature I find is a beautiful thing and after my "rough" year I have taken a new look at what the world really is. I feel like I should explain this "rough" year that I had, its been five years since then and I have spent every minute making my life better and putting it behind me. That sounds a lot worse than it really is, but the experience for me was a tough one. I was betrayed by someone very close to me, my best friend and it rocked my world so much that I almost took my life. If it wasn't for one amazing individual I might not be here today. After that I began to realize what a dark cloud my best friend had really been in my life. I don't know if you've ever had someone in your life that has such a strong hold on you, but my best friend was that for me. She had a way of making me feel like I was less of a person than I really was. She made me doubt myself, she judged me, and put me down and the weight of her presence in my life lowered my self-esteem so much that when she was gone I had nothing left. That was the point at which I was ready to end my life, I felt alone and lost and like there was nobody there for me. But that day someone who is now a very close friend of mine said this to me, "I am on your side." Those words they changed my life, in this big scary world we all worry that we're alone and the truth is that we're not. Someone whoever they are is always on your side, you may not even know their name or may not have even met them but there are so many people out there that want to help you. Even if it that person is the voice on the other end of a call to the suicide hotline, they are there for you and want to make sure you go on living. I want to firmly state that suicide is never the answer to your problems, I have lost friends to suicide and there is no worse feeling than thinking you could have done something to save them. Suicide is selfish, and I speak from experience that in the moment you're not thinking about everyone else who's going to be left behind, but I think that if you are contemplating suicide that you think about all those you'll leave behind. So that's a little about me and I will post on here the little thoughts in my head when they come to me. Again I don't want anyone to be offended by what I say and please don't leave negative comments, however if you have something you want to add or questions for me feel free to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment