Friday, March 27, 2015

Make a wish...

Have you ever made a wish? On a star... at 11:11... on your birthday candles. I wish all the time, anything you can make a wish on I usually do. The truth is though the more and more I wish for something the less and less it seems that it will ever come true. I know what they say, that you have to do the work and make your wishes come true. But wouldn't it be something if just once the wish did come true. Could you imagine what that would feel like? To have your wish granted. To get what you want without having to make it come true yourself. Seriously, if my wish actually came true I think I'd probably faint. Mostly because I really don't expect my wish to come true and if it did I don't think my brain could fathom it. How about your wish? Could you handle it it if came true? Maybe that's why they don't come true, because if they did we wouldn't be able to handle it and our fragile little brains would just explode. Kind of like when you meet your favorite celebrity, you are so excited that you probably can't even form coherent sentences. Maybe they don't come true because our wishes are to big? Maybe the little wish fairy (or whatever) doesn't have the power to make such grand wishes come true. I know my wish is pretty big, it could effect a lot of people and change the fate of myself and others. Then again maybe wishes, and the little wish fairy don't actually exist. When you make your wish it just vanishes into the universe. And maybe that's the way it supposed to be, because what would the world look like if everyone's wishes were granted.... I'm guessing about like the way it look if hell froze over. I guess you really do have to work to make your wishes come true, because then you know you deserve them. Real or not though, that's not going to stop me from wishing and dreaming and hoping, because without those things life is boring and meaningless. So go ahead... make a wish. Maybe one day it'll come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment